Mental health is the most common topic which people don’t like to discuss. Many people don’t consider this a serious topic but whoever is going through it can feel it deeply. Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. There are 4 types of mental health i) mood disorder ( depression, bipolar disorder) ii) Anxiety disorder iii) Personality disorders iv)psychotic disorder ( schizophrenia). Many adults including small children go through this. This generation has zero tolerance for anything. If someone insults them, makes fun of them, breaks their trust, betrays them etc. The only solution they feel is quitting their life without thinking about their family and loved ones.
Some Signs of mental illness:
- Constant fatigue
- Getting emotional quickly / Lack of emotion
- Lack of interest to do anything ( nor your favourite activity)
- Loss of appetite or consuming a lot of food.
- Don’t go outside ( constrict themselves to certain boundaries)
- Physical pain.
- Lack of confidence
- Avoidance of everything
- Trouble sleeping, either you sleep more or less.
- Constant suicide thoughts.
- Getting angry for silly reasons.
- Basic hygiene routine goes for a toss.
- Discomfort to talk with family members/ close friends
- Sometimes you feel like the world is over for you, sudden dramatic changes ( laughing, crying, angry, sad at the same time), Mood swings, and extreme headaches.
- Nothing excites you anymore, you seem to be a different person.
- Smiling reduces significantly.
- You start hitting and slapping yourself.
- Overthinking is at its peak.
- You don’t get enough energy to get up from bed.
- Things start to pile up.
- Your past decisions haunt you.
- Sooner or later all the things you avoided start cluttering up in life.
- You feel everyone in the world is being unfair to you.
- You start assuming that everyone hates you.
- You think you’ve become a target.
- You give up easily.
- You stop feeling happy or fun after doing things you used to love.
- You keep bingeing on everything ( food, series, games etc) to distract yourself.
- Repeating the same mistake.
- Not asking for help, you assume all are the same/ toxic.
- Difficulty in making/taking decisions.
- Low self-esteem.
When you see someone going through these, make sure to support them, be kind at least. People may not share everything with their loved ones, but be with them, when they need you.
SOME REMINDERS TO THE GOOD SOUL GOING THROUGH MENTAL ILLNESS
- You are capable of doing anything you want. Nothing is hard.
- It’s okay to not be okay.
- You define your worth.
- It’s never too late to heal.
- You are more than enough.
- Accept yourself, love yourself and keep moving forward.
- If you want to fly high, then stop giving up/ overthinking.
- Worrying won’t help you to gain control of uncontrollable circumstances.
- Progress that feels slow is still progress.
- You are allowed to say NO to the things which you don’t like without giving any explanations.
- Building a beautiful life for yourself.
- When someone is bitter/ rude towards you, it has a lot more to do with them than it does with you.
- Rest when you need to.
- It’s okay to have bad days.
- This too shall pass.
- You are perfect and unique in your own way.
- You are worthy and enough.
- Make time to heal.
- Cleanse your environment completely.
- Practise more self-love and care.
- Spend more time with people who uplift you.
- Spend more time doing things you love.
HOW TO OVERCOME FROM MENTAL ILLNESS?
- Walking for around 30 to 35 minutes per day.
- Practise meditation.
- Read some good books.
- Get some sunlight, don’t restrict yourself in the darkroom.
- Hydrate yourself ( drink plenty of water instead of coffee)
- Picture what you want on your mental television.
- Write a diary.
- Consult a doctor if you are extremely in need of counselling.
- Spread positivity and surround yourself with non-toxic people.
- It may take time to come over from depression, but it’s not impossible.
- Always think about happy thoughts ( because thoughts have wings and they can fly)
- Learn to set boundaries.
- Stop trying to please everyone.
- Embrace uncertainty.
- Walk away from people who don’t accept you.
“ Your trauma made you stronger”
“The power is in you”
“ You can do it!”.
Leave a Reply